[bbDev] Re: "You've Been Blocked" Error

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Tue Aug 30 21:16:36 GMT 2005

Blocked isn't default, everyone should get caps.  I don't know how
this happens.  Are these old users or newly registered ones?  You can
try running upgrade_150() again.  It shouldn't overwrite anything
that's already there; it'll just give caps to those who don't already
have them.  It's an expensive function, though.

The only thing I can think of is accounts that had user_type > 5 in
the old system.  Those folk wouldn't have gotten caps during
upgrade_150().

I can make it non-null, but people who would have been blocked will
instead be able to view things but not participate.  I'd rather just
know where this bug was coming from.

Michael