[bbDev] setting admin user

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Sun Aug 21 18:36:40 GMT 2005

On Aug 21, 2005, at 3:03 AM, Thomas Leavitt wrote:
> Now, am I still limited to directly editing the database to create new
> forums? Don't see an interface that will permit this otherwise.

There was a typo.  The install script made you an "administrator"
rather than a "keymaster".  You'll have to edit your DB directly to
fix it.  Go to your usermeta table and replace the value that looks
like:

a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}

with the following:

a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;}

> Also: is there a specification for the CSS file you're interested in
> having? If so, I can have my wife, who is a professional web designer,
> create at least one, if not several, CSS files.
I've been meaning to get something rolling: http://
mdawaffe.wordpress.com/2005/08/18/stylesheets/
I'd love the input.

> Also, having upgraded through an ungodly number of WordPress
> variations
> dating back to b2, I'd say a critical architectural issue would be to
> create some way of cleaning separating content and code, such that she
> doesn't have to essentially redo all her work every time a new version
> comes out.
>
> Also, it would be nice if you could avoid drastically changing things
> from version to version such that it takes significant amounts of time
> and energy to figure out where the user interface/presentation
> needs to
> be altered in order to do it.

There is no "version" of bbPress at the moment, just revisions and
nightlies.  Things WILL change.  Possibly drastically before the
first real release.

> Also, it would be cool if, again, there was a way to have a single
> version of the bbPress code that front ends to different user
> interfaces, and backends to different databases... it is a huge
> maintenance nightmare to have twenty different pieces of the same
> set of
> code, in varying versions, scattered across as many different sites,
> some of them under my control, and some of them on our web
> design/hosting client's sites.

That... might be possible.  It's a ways off if it is, though.  Not
even a 1.0 thing.

Michael