[bbDev] RSS feeds

Thomas Leavitt thomas at thomasleavitt.org
Sun Aug 21 10:15:49 GMT 2005

So, on the Favorites page (by the way, I just ran through my test site,
http://bbpress.thomasleavitt.org/bbpress/ with Konqueror, Epiphany and
Firefox with no problems), the link to the RSS feed starts with
"feed:" ... this produces "Not a registered protocol" on one browser,
and on another (Konqueror, I think) brings up a warning about an
untrusted site which then results in an RSS aggregator being loaded.

Elsewhere, links to the RSS feed are not preceded by "feed:" tags, and
instead I guess the browser interprets them as it desires (rendered XML
or plain text).

I'm not an expert on RSS, so I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug.

Thomas