[bbDev] setting admin user

Thomas Leavitt thomas at thomasleavitt.org
Sun Aug 21 10:03:38 GMT 2005

Whoopee! It worked like a charm (downloaded it off the changeset page,
dropped my tables, ran it). Just like WordPress (hehe).

Now, am I still limited to directly editing the database to create new
forums? Don't see an interface that will permit this otherwise.

Also: is there a specification for the CSS file you're interested in
having? If so, I can have my wife, who is a professional web designer,
create at least one, if not several, CSS files.

Also, having upgraded through an ungodly number of WordPress variations
dating back to b2, I'd say a critical architectural issue would be to
create some way of cleaning separating content and code, such that she
doesn't have to essentially redo all her work every time a new version
comes out.

Also, it would be nice if you could avoid drastically changing things
from version to version such that it takes significant amounts of time
and energy to figure out where the user interface/presentation needs to
be altered in order to do it.

As a result of these issues, I have upwards of two dozen b2 and
wordpress installations scattered on my server, in many different
versions.

Also, it would be cool if, again, there was a way to have a single
version of the bbPress code that front ends to different user
interfaces, and backends to different databases... it is a huge
maintenance nightmare to have twenty different pieces of the same set of
code, in varying versions, scattered across as many different sites,
some of them under my control, and some of them on our web
design/hosting client's sites.

Regards,
Thomas Leavitt