[bbDev] Looking for honest, dream-dashing opinions

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:22:05 GMT 2005

> On 8/18/05, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:
> > I think the DB structure is pretty well locked down now.  I've been
> > tossing around the idea of forummeta[1], but I'm not sure how useful
> > it would be.  Regardless, adding a new table is an easy upgrade.

Let me start with a disclaimer - I haven't installed and tested any
bbPress code in many, many months, but what follows is my $0.02
anyway...

If the structure is pretty well set, then a install/upgrade script
would be a welcome addition for me.  Obviously it will mean more
users, though. IMHO, that's both a pro and a con...

Pro: More people testing the code on more platforms. With more users,
hopefully more testing and feedback which will result in better,
release quality code more quickly.

Con: More attention for a project in its infancy obviously leads to
having to listen to people whine. No matter how many disclaimers,
there will always be idiots on the internet who feel the need to
complain when something is tagged
"PRE_ALPHA_ABSOLUTELY_DO_NOT_USE_IN_PRODUCTION_OR_IT_WILL_KILL_YOU"

As long as there are plenty of disclaimers and the developers/readers
of this list are willing to put up with the negative aspect, I think
the sooner we get an install/upgrade script, the better.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore