[bbDev] infinite loop bug found in latest

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Tue Aug 16 08:18:51 GMT 2005

This is wonderful, thank you.

Willing to try one more thing?

In bb-settings.php just below the line bb_timer_start(); insert the
following:

// Fix for IIS, which doesn't set REQUEST_URI
if ( empty( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ) ) {
         $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']; // Does
this work under CGI?

         // Append the query string if it exists and isn't null
         if (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && !empty($_SERVER
['QUERY_STRING'])) {
                 $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] .= '?' . $_SERVER
['QUERY_STRING'];
         }
}

Save the file and see what happens.  The lines "REQUEST_URI" and
"should be" in the debugging output should be the same.  If they are,
turn debugging off and see if you still get the infinite loop
problem.  If everything works, let us know.  If the lines aren't the
same, could you please post back the results?

Thanks!
Michael
--mdawaffe