[bbDev] BB & WP together

Josh King skierx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:58:51 GMT 2005

On 8/5/05, Jaxia Kiley <jaxiakiley at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay, they are now sharing a user table, but I still
> cannot get my cookie to work for both WP and bbpress.
>
> I have a stock install of WP, and bbpress is using the
> same db and user table.
>
> Is there a setting I need to change so that they look
> at the same cookie file?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --- Josh King <skierx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8/5/05, Jaxia Kiley <jaxiakiley at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hey Everyone,
> > >
> > > I see that bbPress and WP are now integrated.
> > > However, I cannot find any information on how to
> > do
> > > it.  Do I add my WP user table to the bbpress db?
> > >
> > > I tried to do that, but it doesn't seem to work.
> > > was able to get it installed and add forums using
> > it's
> > > own user table.
> > >
> > > Once I get this working, I will write it up and
> > try to
> > > help you guys with documentation.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > ~Jaxia
> > > http://www.youknowyouwanna.net/forums

> > Well I'm sure it depends on how you set up your
> > database, but I just
> > changed the line in bb-settings.php that prepends
> > the bbPress prefix
> > with the WordPress prefix. I have both bbPress and
> > WordPress in the
> > same database, so this worked fine for me.
> >
> > Josh King

I'm really not sure. I just tried integrating them the other day and I
haven't even pushed the forum part of my site live. The only testing
I've done has been with my own account, but if I log into one, I seem
to be still logged into the other. I didn't do anything special in one
or the other though.