[Bb-trac] Re: [bbPress] #1126: repermalink fails, causing redirect loop on SunOS (Solaris?), and 404 errors.

bbPress bb-trac at lists.bbpress.org
Thu Jun 25 18:20:14 GMT 2009

#1126: repermalink fails, causing redirect loop on SunOS (Solaris?), and 404
errors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
 Reporter:  SteveBooth                                                |        Owner:
     Type:  defect                                                    |       Status:  new
Comment (by SteveBooth):

 Okay.  I'm sorry, this makes no sense at all to me. I don't understand
 what bb_repermalink is doing with a perfetly normal url.  When the user
 browses to the bbPress root, the first thing that is done is call
 repermalink.  With the above code in place, the exactly correct uri is
 placed in REQUEST_URI.  $page is set to 1 when the routine is called, and
 the location is 'front-page'.  This is a PARAMETERLESS uri; there is no
 question-mark anywhere in the uri.  As a result, the $querystring is
 empty, as it should be, and there are no $ars, which I believe is correct.

 file, but after extracting the domain and cleaning up the uri,
 bb_permalink does this BIZZARE test wherein it's compareing $check (which
 is null) and $uri, and generating a 404 as a result.

 SO... here's my question.  If...

 $domain is //stevenmbooth.com and

 why in the world would the following replace be correct:

 {{{
         $check = preg_replace(
                  '',
                 1
          );

 }}}

 Because that is what is creating a null $check, and that is what is
 causing the 404 on a perfectly good uri.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1126#comment:14>
bbPress <http://bbpress.org/>