[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61319: Plugin Dependencies: Change AJAX activation handler to restore auto-redirect after plugin activation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 29 20:29:24 UTC 2024

#61319: Plugin Dependencies: Change AJAX activation handler to restore auto-
redirect after plugin activation
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hellofromTonya              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by hellofromTonya):

 Summary of feedback from today's Dev Chat, held in Making WordPress slack
 `core` channel:

 Link to start of the thread:
 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1717013066479629

 @afragen shared:

 @mikachan shared:
 >I don't have much background knowledge here, but after reading
 @hellofromtonya’s latest comment on #61319, I agree that this sounds like
 the best approach (less code, restores the previous native behavior of the
 Activate button) :+1:

 @ironprogrammer shared:
 >I like that this addresses the originally reported regression w/o adding
 anything new. Better adherence to the scope that is expected in a minor
 release.

 @joemcgill asked:
 >Would it be good to get feedback from the folks who were critical of the
 initial approach?

 >Well, it sounded like you looked into the alternate approach after
 feedback from
 @swissspidy and @azaozz, so it may be good to get their feedback on the
 new approach. Generally speaking, I think we need to be pretty confident
 in the approach before shipping it in a minor release so getting extra PR
 feedback and testing is good practice

 for which I shared both were pinged requesting their feedback
 ([https://make.wordpress.org/core/2024/05/24/wordpress-6-5-4-an-upcoming-
 maintenance-release/#comment-46746 here] and
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2024/05/24/wordpress-6-5-4-an-upcoming-
 maintenance-release/#comment-46744 here]).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61319#comment:14>