[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61269: Plugin Dependencies: Add filter to restore auto-redirect after plugin activation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 24 14:45:18 UTC 2024

#61269: Plugin Dependencies: Add filter to restore auto-redirect after plugin
activation
 Reporter:  hellofromTonya                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by hellofromTonya):

 Replying to [comment:32 hellofromTonya]:
 > While I appreciate the consideration and use cases, I thinking all of
 the scenarios presented (except for a maybe 4th step) are achievable with
 the current design of one entry `url`.

 > Then if later in the future, more use cases are discovered that require
 different consideration, such as the ability to disable all onboarding,
 how to achieve those can be explored, e.g. adding another filter.

 > For this phase, I agree with @costdev. The configuration data he
 proposes fits today and the future's intent and needs.

 That said, if there's a real world case and strong possibility a 4th step
 is needed in the plugin install > activate > onboard workflow, then that
 use case might be a reason to rename it `onboarding_url` (i.e. where
 `onboarding` = onboard | set up | configure.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61269#comment:33>