[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61241: DUO MFA does conflicts with WP plugins. Error: "Error Decoding DUO result. Confirm device clock is correct"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 17 16:09:12 UTC 2024

#61241: DUO MFA does conflicts with WP plugins. Error: "Error Decoding DUO result.
Confirm device clock is correct"
 Reporter:  cslagle       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins       |    Version:  6.5.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion
  Focuses:                |
 I am unable to activate the Duo Universal prompt plugin without disabling
 most of the WP plugins (WPForms, WPForms User Registration, WP Login &
 Logout Redirect and WP Mail Logging). I have been trouble shooting this
 with Duo since it claims it is having issues decoding duo result but when
 they check their logs, everything is okay. With the given error, since it
 mentions the system clocks makes me think that the plugins are stripping
 or modifying the timestamp portion of the API response from DUO.

 Would it be possible to have WordPress check the logs generated on their
 end to see more details about the error message.