[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61184: Quote block citation text color does not match block setting with Gutenberg 18.3.0 (was: Twenty Twenty-Four: The quote block Add Citation text color issue into the theme Twenty Fifteen)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 10 16:07:58 UTC 2024

#61184: Quote block citation text color does not match block setting with Gutenberg
18.3.0
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  viralsampat   |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * component:  Bundled Theme => Editor
 * version:  6.5.3 => trunk
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.6

Comment:

 I'm changing the version to 'trunk' because the color still matches what I
 selected for the Quote block in WordPress 6.5.3 with Twenty Twenty-Four
 1.1 and no plugins. I only get the unexpected text color with the
 Gutenberg plugin activated (versions 18.2.0 and 18.3.0, whether inside the
 iframe or non-framed).

 This is new in editor styles:
 {{{
 :where(.wp-element-caption, .wp-block-audio figcaption, .wp-block-embed
 figcaption, .wp-block-gallery figcaption, .wp-block-image figcaption, .wp-
 block-table figcaption, .wp-block-video figcaption) {
   color: var(--wp--preset--color--contrast-2);
   font-family: var(--wp--preset--font-family--body);
   font-size: 0.8rem;
 }
 }}}

 The front end continues to use the same color for the whole block with
 Twenty Twenty-Four.

 I also changed the component because this should not require special
 styles in individual themes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61184#comment:1>