[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61157: Blocks Query pagination NEXT & PREV produce incorrect URLs when queried via REST API

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 7 06:35:08 UTC 2024

#61157: Blocks Query pagination NEXT & PREV produce incorrect URLs when queried via
REST API
 Reporter:  yelbaev       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Permalinks    |    Version:  5.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  rest-api      |
 Core/query block when rendered by REST API call, for example `/wp-
 json/v2/pages/%ID%`, generates incorrect URLs for Prev and Next buttons.

 URLs get generated based on `$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']` instead of **current
 page permalink**.

 Example: for prev link I get `/wp-json/wp/v2/pages/80?query-19-page=1`
 instead of `/portfolio/?query-19-page=1`

 As far as I can see, it's caused by the use of `add_query_arg` function
 without url to work on. Adding get_permalink() as a last parameter fixes
 the issue

 https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/97c3f240341043e8a0063a7ddfa40797c4a1ee19
 /wp-includes/blocks/query-pagination-previous.php#L48

 https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/97c3f240341043e8a0063a7ddfa40797c4a1ee19
 /wp-includes/blocks/query-pagination-next.php#L58