[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40930: Twenty Seventeen: Sharing buttons not showing with Video, Audio, or Gallery post format

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 6 07:51:33 UTC 2024

#40930: Twenty Seventeen: Sharing buttons not showing with Video, Audio, or Gallery
post format
---------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chocopress           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  new
Changes (by poena):

 * keywords:  needs-testing => needs-testing close

Comment:

 Sharing buttons are not part of WordPress, I am going to guess that these
 buttons are added by the JetPack plugin, but it is difficult to know for
 sure.

 Whichever plugin is used, I think the theory is correct: that plugins are
 filtering the content to add the sharing buttons and because the content
 is not used in a standard way, the buttons do not show.

 With new content created in the block editor, this is not an issue,
 because when the post contains the
 gallery, audio or video **blocks**, the conditions in the post format
 template parts do not apply.
 The conditions in these older PHP files are not written to recognize the
 blocks, so the post content is used, and with it, the plugin filters.

 I did confirm that the sharing buttons work on these post formats by
 installing Jetpack version 13.3.1 and enabling the sharing buttons option.

 Because of this, I suggest closing this issue.
 - It requires a plugin to add the sharing buttons
 - It can not be reproduced with the block editor, which is the current
 default experience.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40930#comment:3>