[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61042: Twenty Fifteen: Group block text color setting not applied to Pullquote block (was: Twenty Fifteen Group block color setting not applied to pullquote block.)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 10 12:45:00 UTC 2024

#61042: Twenty Fifteen: Group block text color setting not applied to Pullquote
block
----------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  nidhidhandhukiya                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  has-testing-info has-patch needs-testing => has-testing-info
     has-patch close
 * focuses:   => css

Comment:

 I do not agree that everyone who sets a text color on a parent block such
 as Group—or Column—would always want that applied automatically to inner
 blocks and/or elements within those.

 However, on #59801 I could suggest that we remove the `#333` color on the
 citation for Twenty Fifteen because the Pullquote's default text colors
 for quote and citation have been identical on the front end since
 WordPress 5.9, changing the theme's design.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61042#comment:6>