[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61330: Plugin Dependencies: Refresh plugin-install.php instead of redirecting on activation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 2 15:21:26 UTC 2024

#61330: Plugin Dependencies: Refresh plugin-install.php instead of redirecting on
activation
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jorbin           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by oglekler):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion
 * milestone:  6.6 => 6.7

Comment:

 We have 2 days before Beta 1 and no concrete understanding on how to
 proceed, so, I am moving this ticket to the next milestone for further
 consideration.

 For discussion on Slack:
 {{{
 hellofromtonya, May 31st, 2024
   5:58 PM
 This idea was discussed yesterday in the #6-5-release-leads channel. It's
 a good one to consider. So instead of using the Activate button's native
 href behavior, do a page refresh. That way users stay in the Add Plugins
 UI if a plugin doesn't redirect to their configuration experience.

   5:59
 It could help with one of the concerns in 6.5.4 -> to not impact users
 activating plugins that require plugins other than those with an
 onboarding / configuration.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61330#comment:2>