[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55600: Can't save registered post meta field of type string that equals registered default value via REST API

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 29 19:40:57 UTC 2024

#55600: Can't save registered post meta field of type string that equals registered
default value via REST API
 Reporter:  kraftner                             |       Owner:  dmsnell
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  closed
  note 2nd-opinion                               |

Comment (by dmsnell):

 Thanks @swissspidy - yeah I was hoping someone more familiar with the code
 would review (which is why I pinged them a couple of weeks ago). Without
 hearing from anyone I figured getting testing going would be best. Since
 it's still early in the release cycle we have plenty of time to revert or
 fix any issues that arise. I did go through the code carefully and
 everything looks sound. Happy to take further guidance.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55600#comment:28>