[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61611: Twenty Twenty-One: float-clearing pseudo-elements are visible in Row and Grid blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 12 10:53:09 UTC 2024

#61611: Twenty Twenty-One: float-clearing pseudo-elements are visible in Row and
Grid blocks
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  up1512001                    |       Owner:  up1512001
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by poena):

 Can you refresh the PR with the latest changes from trunk?

 Also could the whole IE hack be moved? I don't think there are any reasons
 anymore to keep parts of it in the group block style?
 I mean from
 {{{
 // Start IE clearfix
 // End IE clearfix.
 }}}

 Until then, I have tested the ''change'' in the PR on top of 6.7 Alpha,
 where the inner div in the group block is removed.
 Removing the {{{.wp-block-group:after}}} solves the problem (removing the
 :before does not seem to have any impact).

 I do not see any side effects on other groups, but I did not test on any
 older WordPress versions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61611#comment:4>