[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59365: Deprecated notice when calling get_admin_page_title() on some dashboard pages.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 10 16:29:07 UTC 2024

#59365: Deprecated notice when calling get_admin_page_title() on some dashboard
pages.
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  apedog                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch reporter-feedback php81
 * focuses:  coding-standards, php-compatibility => php-compatibility

Comment:

 Hello @apedog,

 Welcome back to WordPress Core Trac.

 Can you please provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the
 deprecation notice? Other information that can also help:

 * What version of WordPress?
 * What plugin(s) are in your stack?
 * Are you seeing this issue with any plugin activated? If yes, are there
 specific URLs where it's happening?
 * "Dashboard" are you meaning the plugin's landing page or the default
 WordPress Dashboard page?

 Why am I asking for all of this information?

 I'm not able to reproduce this in trying various plugins (BuddyPress,
 bbPress, Yoast SEO, Query Monitor, etc.) and navigating to their settings
 page. In each case, the `?page=[plugin_hookname]` is present in the URL.

 Having the information requested helps contributors (like me) reproduce
 the issue as the starting point to understanding where to start with
 diagnosing where the root cause might be.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59365#comment:2>