[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61575: Node Modules in sub-directories not getting ignored while exporting the theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 8 20:15:23 UTC 2024

#61575: Node Modules in sub-directories not getting ignored while exporting the
theme
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new
Changes (by rajinsharwar):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 As of my understanding, currently, even without the patch, we are not
 checking if the theme has NPM or yearn config files, and then only
 deleting the node_modules folder if it does.

 Not entirely sure, but should we consider adding a filter or something
 using which the theme author can define if he exclusively wants the
 node_modules or any other folder in the theme to be included or not
 @peterwilsoncc?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61575#comment:3>