[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61592: 6.6-RC2 Editing/Inserting Synced pattern (reusable block) with server side rendering broken.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 8 11:01:57 UTC 2024

#61592: 6.6-RC2 Editing/Inserting Synced pattern (reusable block) with server side
rendering broken.
 Reporter:  bramwaas      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I have a plugin that uses Server side rendering with render_callback in
 server side register_block_type to create calendar output.
 In some test I had made a reusable block of it to put it on a page. After
 a while the reusable block became a synced pattern. It keeped working on
 the frontend and I could also edit the page where it is at least until
 release 6.5.4.

 After upgrading to 6.6.-RC2 the front end still worked as expected, but in
 the editor the page could not be edited any more.
 Screen feezes and I get some 30 messages like this:
 Connect to backend rejected on sending request(POST /wp6/wp-json/wp/v2
 /block-renderer/simplegoogleicalenderwidget/simple-ical-
 block?context=edit&post_id=58&_locale=user HTTP/2.0);
 uri(/wp6/index.php?context=edit&post_id=58&_locale=user)

 When I remove all references to server side renderer in the plugin, the
 page can be edited again, but of course I have no content in my block any
 more.

 When I replace render_callback in server side register_block_type by
 rendering via the render option in block.json "render":
 "file:./includes/renderssv3.php" I keep getting the same error even when
 renderssv3.php contains only the example code:

 {{{
     <?php echo esc_html( $attributes['title'] ); ?>
 }}}

 Creating a new pattern with my block (simple-google-icalendar-widget) is
 still possible, but when I try to place that pattern on a page the page
 freezes also with the same php errors.