[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61579: WordPress 6.6 RC2 Issues report - with Customizer Redirect Sections in WordPress RC2

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 5 12:54:52 UTC 2024

#61579: WordPress 6.6 RC2 Issues report - with Customizer Redirect Sections in
WordPress RC2
--------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  yssambare     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:  changes-requested
  Focuses:                |
--------------------------+-------------------------------
 Dear Team,

 I hope this message finds you well.

 I am writing to report an issue I encountered while testing WordPress RC2
 with various themes. Specifically, I noticed that clicking on certain
 customizer redirect sections does not work as expected.

 Here are the details of my findings:

 - **Astra Theme**:
   - WordPress RC2: [Test Result](https://bsf.d.pr/v/vIobNJ)
   - WordPress 6.5 Stable: [Test Result](https://bsf.d.pr/v/8Fwx28)

 - **Twenty Twenty-One Theme**:
   - WordPress 6.6 RC2: [Test Result](https://bsf.d.pr/v/py4n1P)
   - WordPress 6.5: [Test Result](https://bsf.d.pr/v/a8UdhQ)

 To ensure this issue is not isolated, I also tested other popular themes
 such as Kadence, Storefront, and GeneratePress. Unfortunately, all these
 themes, including the WordPress default theme Twenty Twenty-One, exhibit
 the same issue.

 I suspect that the problem might be related to changes in the autofocus
 URL parameter within the Customizer API in WordPress RC2.

 Could you please investigate this matter and either fix the issue or
 identify the causing PR? Your prompt attention to this would be greatly
 appreciated.

 Thank you for your cooperation.

 Best regards,
 Yogesh