[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57379: Node Modules in sub-directories not getting ignored while exporting the theme, and a way to disable the theme export (was: A Way to Disable Export Theme)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 4 01:14:56 UTC 2024

#57379: Node Modules in sub-directories not getting ignored while exporting the
theme, and a way to disable the theme export
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  unsalkorkmaz    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Changes (by rajinsharwar):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.7

Comment:

 I have fixed the issue where node_modules were not ignored in the
 subdirectories.

 Also now, anyone can create a new user capability, and using the new
 filter "**allowed_user_role_to_export_theme**", use that to add
 restrictions over that Export Functionality. Something like this:

 {{{#!php
 add_filter( 'allowed_user_role_to_export_theme', function( $role ){
         $role = 'my_custom_user_capability';
         return $role;
 } );
 }}}

 In this way, instead of the default capability "**edit_theme_options**",
 the "**my_custom_user_capability**" will be used while checking for
 permissions.

 Also, updated the title of the ticket to mention the change about
 node_modules. Slating for 6.7 release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57379#comment:2>