[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55873: Since WP 6.0 the Author dropdown field disappeared from the quick edit screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 30 09:55:20 UTC 2022

#55873: Since WP 6.0 the Author dropdown field disappeared from the quick edit
screen
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  julianoe         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Quick/Bulk Edit  |    Version:  6.0
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
 Since the last update the quick edit author field does not appear anymore.

 I've been trying my website in troubleshooting with default theme and no
 plugins, I tried to use the Capabilities (from Publishpress) plugin to
 restore default WP permissions and roles but nothing does the job.

 For context I'm working on a website with more than 11700 users (and
 growing), among which there are 5 admins, 3 editors, 300 authors.

 **Another probably related issue**: the /users.php page does not display
 the number of users for each role anymore. I can only see them next to the
 page selector "11 700 items"