[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55755: Enabling REST API on custom post type cause featured to be invisible on post, page, custom post type

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 18 06:33:33 UTC 2022

#55755: Enabling REST API on custom post type cause featured to be invisible on
post, page, custom post type
 Reporter:  bikram_sth    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.9.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 When we enable REST API on custom post type with code below

         'show_in_rest'       => true,
         'rest_base'          => 'themes',
         'rest_controller_class' => 'WP_REST_Posts_Controller',
         'supports'            => array( 'title', 'editor', 'thumbnail',
 'excerpt', 'comments'),

 After this, we get Gutenberg editor on custom post type but the featured
 image option is gone https://prnt.sc/NetNDxFICy9e