[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55334: Attempt to read property "term_id" on null in "mywordpress/wp-includes/deprecated.php" on line 87

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 13 13:33:24 UTC 2022

#55334: Attempt to read property "term_id" on null in "mywordpress/wp-
includes/deprecated.php" on line 87
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  bcue015       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by desrosj):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * component:  General => Taxonomy
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi @bcue015,

 Welcome to Trac! Sorry that this took so long to receive a response.

 Unfortunately, this is not the best location to receive help with general
 support issues such as this. The WordPress.org Support Forums is more
 appropriate.

 Having said that, there is not enough information provided to figure out
 what was going on. But, I did notice that the snippet had
 `the_category_ID()` which was deprecated a long time ago. I recommend
 using `get_the_category()` instead.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55334#comment:1>