[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55628: Numerous console errors on Theme/Plugin File Editor screens and syntax highlighting not working

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 4 07:17:37 UTC 2022

#55628: Numerous console errors on Theme/Plugin File Editor screens and syntax
highlighting not working
---------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  ndiego                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  new

Comment (by jsnajdr):

 Copying a Slack message
 (https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C035NHLFUSY/p1651568132257809?thread_ts=1651562448.062809&cid=C035NHLFUSY):

 I think reverting the translations patch is the best resolution right now.
 It’s merely covering up a real bug in WP_Scripts instead of fixing it, but
 given how fundamental WP component this is, and how late in the release
 cycle we are, doing a real and reliable fix right now is too risky.

 I'm working on a proper fix, but for now, reverting to how things worked
 in 5.9.x would be most safe.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55628#comment:22>