[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55476: Add heart icon for favorite plugins to plugin page in the "add plugin' area of wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 28 19:49:48 UTC 2022

#55476: Add heart icon for favorite plugins to plugin page in the "add plugin' area
of wp-admin
 Reporter:  dansoschin   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins      |    Version:
 Severity:  minor        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Currently, you can click the "heart" icon next to a plugin name in the
 WordPress.org plugins directory.

 Example for Gutenberg: https://wordpress.org/plugins/gutenberg/
 Screenshot: https://cloudup.com/c-Uk_AX1Vg0

 Your favorites show up in your WordPress.org profile.
 Example here: https://profiles.wordpress.org/dansoschin/#content-favorites

 I would like to propose the ability to see and click the heart icon within
 the "add plugin" area of wp-admin.
 Example here: https://cloudup.com/c_20nOmOJyX

 This would enable you to see that you have previously favorited a plugin
 and/or add/remove the plugin from your favorites list(s).

 When you click a specific plugin's "more details" link, we would also show
 the heart icon on that screen as well, likely on the right side along with
 the other meta data, perhaps above the version number.