[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13459: Conflict between post and page slugs/permalinks when permalink setting is set to /%postname%/

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 18 10:15:24 UTC 2022

#13459: Conflict between post and page slugs/permalinks when permalink setting is
set to /%postname%/
 Reporter:  jamescollins  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by bobbingwide):

 I've documented my view of the problem at https://herbmiller.me
 /requirements-for-permalink-postname/

 In the post I list several steps to reproduce the problem, what I believe
 to be the requirements to be satisfied and have tabulated some of the
 alternative permalink structures and the results obtained accessing
 duplicated entries.

 I've briefly considered two different approaches to the problem. I'm
 coming to the conclusion that `parse_request()` needs to be changed. The
 logic associated with `use_verbose_page_rules` being the main sticking
 point when duplicates exist.

 In my opinion any broken tests should cover the round trip, confirming
 that the post being requested is the one that's returned to the user.

 If required I'll copy paste my post into this TRAC.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13459#comment:69>