[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55379: Issue with images since 5.9.1 - persists in 5.9.2. Please remove this css code as described here on the next wordpress version. Thanks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 11 16:40:33 UTC 2022

#55379: Issue with images since 5.9.1 - persists in 5.9.2. Please remove this css
code as described here on the next wordpress version. Thanks
-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  seamlessdigital  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Media            |    Version:  5.9.2
 Severity:  critical         |   Keywords:  needs-patch has-copy-review
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Since the update lots of site broke due to this change from core wordpress
 code:

 {{{
 html :where(img){ height: auto; max-width: 100% }
 }}}
  that was added to
 {{{
 wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css
 }}}
 .
 Since then lots of site broke with images looking extremely large. I've
 already reported this here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-
 image-issue-on-v5-9-1/#post-15415040 but this has been frustrating.

 Lots of sites especially legacy sites were broken due to this addition and
 we had to fix them twice, we've added them also a patch but that's not a
 good solution. Can you please remove this piece of css code on your next
 wordpress version release? Thanks.