[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45853: Videos embedded in a plugins readme.txt does not load while searching for a plugin in an actual WP install (not wp.org)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 7 15:37:45 UTC 2022

#45853: Videos embedded in a plugins readme.txt does not load while searching for a
plugin in an actual WP install (not wp.org)
 Reporter:  thememason    |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by azouamauriac):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * focuses:   => administration

Comment:

 Hi there welcome to wordpress trac! thanks for the report.
 Replying to [ticket:45853 thememason]:
 > videos do not load when you're searching for a plugin via an actual
 WordPress install.

 I don't really get this one, can you explain more?

 > In addition, if you install a plugin and click on "View Details" to
 learn more about the plugin, the video also does not load here either.
 Inspect element shows an empty span tag:

 > {{{
 > }}}
 >
 > This should either embed the video or at the least display a link to the
 video.

 > Here's an example plugin for reference: https://wordpress.org/plugins
 /simple-icons/
 I'm able to reproduce this one.