[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56089: Meta data of menu items not removed from wp_postmeta table after removing the menu item before being saved.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 28 16:16:22 UTC 2022

#56089: Meta data of menu items not removed from wp_postmeta table after removing
the menu item before being saved.
 Reporter:  alokstha1     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus         |    Version:  6.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 If we add a menu item, the menu item's metadata are added. Don't hit
 submit button yet.

 Remove the menu item, the metadata still exist.

 Add back the menu items, new metadata with a new post_id is added to
 wp_postmeta table. Hit the Save Menu button.
 Now, remove the menu item and hit the Save Menu button, the metadata will
 be removed.

 It doesn't remove the metadatas only when we add the menu item and remove
 the menu item without saving the menu.

 _menu_item_type
 _menu_item_menu_item_parent
 _menu_item_object_id