[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54221: _transient_dirsize_cache is set to autoload=yes and kills db performance if it grows (20MB in our case)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 27 20:22:36 UTC 2022

#54221: _transient_dirsize_cache is set to autoload=yes and kills db performance if
it grows (20MB in our case)
--------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by emilymoran84):

 Hello, I hope it's okay for me to "chime in". I have also found this in my
 database and I am not running multisite. Mine is at a bit over **0.8MB**,
 which is still a lot, pushing my overall wp_options "autoload" well over
 the recommended limit.

 From my table:

 {{{
 _transient_dirsize_cache        823714
 }}}

 I'm afraid to delete it because I'm unsure what will happen, but I'm
 really needing to reduce my autoload and this is by far the largest entry.

 Is is safe to delete? I read through this thread but am still unclear what
 to do. Thank you for your time.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54221#comment:22>