[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55985: [Older Twenty-* Themes] Replace directly loading fonts from Google Fonts with including them in each theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 20 09:09:33 UTC 2022

#55985: [Older Twenty-* Themes] Replace directly loading fonts from Google Fonts
with including them in each theme
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  luminuu        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by paapst):

 Replying to [comment:19 MatthiasReinholz]:

 > I came across the potential issue of bundling the font Open Sans with
 Twenty Twelve.
 > According to Google Fonts, this font is licensed under the Apache
 License 2.0 which is **not** part of the allowed list of licenses. (see
 https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans?query=open+sans#license)

 > I checked all the other bundled fonts in all other mentioned themes and
 they're ok as released under the SIL Open Font License.

 Luckily that issue has already been solved. In 2020 the Open Sans font was
 also licensed under the SIL Open Font License. See:
 https://github.com/googlefonts/opensans/blob/main/OFL.txt

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55985#comment:20>