[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55995: Twenty Nineteen: Featured Image overlay color inconsistency on Microsoft Edge

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 16 15:13:16 UTC 2022

#55995: Twenty Nineteen: Featured Image overlay color inconsistency on Microsoft
Edge
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mrfoxtalbot    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  6.0
 Severity:  minor          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  css            |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 The featured image overlay look much lighter on Microsoft Edge than on any
 other browser.

 Steps to reproduce:

 1- Add a Featured Image to a Page or Post
 2- View the Page on Firefox/Chrome/Safari and view it on Microsft Edge -
 compare

 Firefox/Mac: https://cld.wthms.co/jk1GVr
 Safari/Mac: https://cld.wthms.co/A5E3CU
 Chrome/Mac: https://cld.wthms.co/9UrVDk
 Edge/Windows 10: https://cld.wthms.co/fTBxBj
 Chrome/Windows 10: https://cld.wthms.co/ZtvJK5

 Result:

 The color overlay in Microsoft Edge is much lighter

 Expected:

 I expected the overlay to be similar to what I saw on Chrome/Firefox/Mac

 This bug was reported here originally
 https://github.com/Automattic/themes/issues/647