[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55900: Installer screen, when submitting a faulty form the search engine checkbox is reset

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 5 04:03:36 UTC 2022

#55900: Installer screen, when submitting a faulty form the search engine checkbox
is reset
 Reporter:  ramon fincken                        |       Owner:  whaze
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
  testing changes-requested dev-feedback 2nd-    |
  opinion                                        |
Changes (by khokansardar):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch needs-testing =>
     has-screenshots has-patch needs-testing changes-requested dev-feedback
     2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Hey I think instead of checking again `$_POST['blog_public']` and storing
 it in `$checked` variable and print it, we should modify the variable
 `$blog_public` when it's defined and assign the value based on
 `$_POST['blog_public']` data.
 So as per logic it should be something like my above PR -
 [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/2772].
 This PR also works in the 3 cases listed by Ramon.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55900#comment:14>