[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55893: Not able to save navigation menus and not able to retrieve menus using wp_get_nav_menu_items

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 1 11:40:00 UTC 2022

#55893: Not able to save navigation menus and not able to retrieve menus using
wp_get_nav_menu_items
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  huskyr                    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus                     |    Version:  6.0
 Severity:  normal                    |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration, template  |
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hey,
 i'm having some issues with navigation menus since upgrading WordPress
 from 5.9.3 to 6.0.0. In two custom themes i've built i notice the
 following behaviour:

 * Using {{{wp_get_nav_menu_items}}} does not return anything when trying
 to fetch the menu items for a given id.
 * When using the 'Menus' option in the Appearance menu items added to the
 menu don't show up. I can add new menus, and even add items to it. But
 when i press 'Save Menu' and reload the page they dissappear.

 I've bumped my head around this for two hours but i can't find anything
 that i'm doing wrong. A couple of things i noticed:
 * This has definitely something to do with the 6.0 upgrade. When going
 back to 5.9.3 the problem doesn't occur.
 * The items do seem to be added to the database, they just don't display
 anymore on the site.
 * I've got a hunch this might be related to #54905, which i've also run
 into.
 * When switching to the twentytwenty and twentytwentyone themes things
 work as normal. I can also see the menu items i've added in my custom
 theme that don't appear there.
 * I'm not using any activated plugins.