[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55917: Fatal error in WP6.0 when calling get_current_screen on the pre_get_posts action

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 11 22:47:37 UTC 2022

#55917: Fatal error in WP6.0 when calling get_current_screen on the pre_get_posts
action
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  lumpysimon               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * milestone:  6.0.1 => 6.0.2

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:10 aristath]:
 > We can try using `wp` (which runs ''after'' `pre_get_posts`), but this
 will need to be thoroughly tested to ensure that webfonts are still
 properly loaded both in the editors & the frontend. 👍

 Thanks for the insights! It looks like this is not as straightforward as I
 thought :)

 summarizing your reply to explain why this specific action was chosen.

 Since this still needs thorough testing and WP 6.0.1 is about to be
 released tomorrow, moving to 6.0.2 for now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55917#comment:11>