[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56185: Having an element with id="module" in the admin panel generates a regenerator-runtime.js error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 9 00:20:23 UTC 2022

#56185: Having an element with id="module" in the admin panel generates a
regenerator-runtime.js error
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  m1r0            |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  minor           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  javascript      |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I've noticed this minor bug while making a custom post type column named
 "module" but it could be reproduced by adding any HTML element with the id
 "module".

 These are the steps to reproduce the issue:

 1. In the admin panel, create an element with the id="module".
 {{{#!php
 <?php
 add_action( 'admin_footer', function() {
         echo '<div id="module"></div>';
 } );
 }}}
 1. Refresh the admin panel and open the console in the browser.
 1. You should see a bunch of errors and the first one should be `Cannot
 set properties of undefined (setting 'wrap')`.

 After enabling `SCRIPT_DEBUG`, I've tracked down the error to
 `regenerator-runtime.js`.

 {{{
 regenerator-runtime.js?ver=0.13.9:49 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set
 properties of undefined (setting 'wrap')
     at regenerator-runtime.js?ver=0.13.9:49:16
     at regenerator-runtime.js?ver=0.13.9:728:2
 }}}

 Cheers and thanks for the great work!