[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56171: Unexpected behaviour and data loss with a post type called 'link' and Link Manager plugin active

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 8 05:43:58 UTC 2022

#56171: Unexpected behaviour and data loss with a post type called 'link' and Link
Manager plugin active
 Reporter:  manfcarlo     |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by peterwilsoncc):

 * keywords:   => close

Comment:

 `link` remains a [https://codex.wordpress.org/Reserved_Terms reserved term
 in WordPress] due to the link manager. Registering a post type with this
 name is expected to cause some strange behavior, especially if the Link
 Manager is active.

 Instead of link, I recommend giving the post type a prefix; eg
 `manfcarlo_link`.

 I'm inclined to close this as I don't think allowing the use of reserved
 terms is something that can be fixed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56171#comment:3>