[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55917: Fatal error in WP6.0 when calling get_current_screen on the pre_get_posts action

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 6 10:05:15 UTC 2022

#55917: Fatal error in WP6.0 when calling get_current_screen on the pre_get_posts
action
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  lumpysimon               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by aristath):

 The webfonts API is a scenario where we need to take lots of things into
 account... Webfonts need to be properly loaded in the block editor, both
 in the normal edit screen and the site-editor, they also need to be
 available in REST-API calls for the editor because some styles get added
 via REST calls, and they also need to be available in the frontend.
 That is why the `wp_loaded` hook was selected... If I remember correctly
 it was one of the very few that worked for all cases.
 We can try using `wp` (which runs ''after'' `pre_get_posts`), but this
 will need to be thoroughly tested to ensure that webfonts are still
 properly loaded both in the editors & the frontend. 👍

 cc @hellofromTonya, I remember we were discussing this hook a few months
 ago

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55917#comment:10>