[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55979: wp_sitecategories does not account for different taxonomy

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 5 20:27:45 UTC 2022

#55979: wp_sitecategories does not account for different taxonomy
 Reporter:  axelseaa            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  normal              |   Milestone:  Awaiting Review
Component:  Networks and Sites  |     Version:  trunk
 Severity:  major               |  Resolution:
 Keywords:  reporter-feedback   |     Focuses:  multisite

Comment (by axelseaa):

 Replying to [comment:3 ironprogrammer]:
 > In response to @axelseaa:
 > > ... (This likely only impacts install that have the sitecategories
 table in the database)
 > Do you know under what conditions that table is created? E.g. a specific
 original WordPress version? Under my multisite test environment
 (originated at 5.9.3, upgraded to 6.0) that table does not exist, though
 `global_terms_enabled` is set. I have test cats/tags from before/after the
 enablement of global terms, but haven't received any errors when updating
 > I did see that the cat/tag UI changed with the setting in place, where
 it doesn't allow direct editing of slugs. Though in the database
 (`wp_N_terms` tables), I see that modified items are ''named'' with the
 updated value, but the `slug` field is assigned the ''old'' term name.
 This seems like it would be problematic as a different issue, but I
 haven't dug deeper into that behavior.

 I started trying to track back to when that table may have been created,
 but I was not able to figure that out yet.  We started out this wordpress
 installation way back with WordPress 1.5 MU.  There are references to that
 table in some of the database creation scripts for WordPress install /
 updates though.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55979#comment:4>
WordPress Trac <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/>
WordPress publishing platform

More information about the wp-trac mailing list