[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54970: "Please update WordPress" link on incompatible theme tile on the "Add Themes" view is not clickable

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 30 07:53:55 UTC 2022

#54970: "Please update WordPress" link on incompatible theme tile on the "Add
Themes" view is not clickable
-----------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  tomasza8c        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by audrasjb):

 * keywords:   => has-screenshots
 * version:  5.8.3 =>
 * severity:  trivial => normal
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.0

Comment:

 AH ok got it. So the good way to reproduce the issue is currently:
 - Rollback to a former version of WP, like 5.8.3
 - Make sure you don't have TT2 theme installed or delete it
 - Go to "Add theme" and search for Twenty Twenty-Two
 - The "Please update WordPress" link in the notice is not reachable as it
 takes you to the customizer preview

 Solution:

 I think we should simply deactivate the link to the customizer preview for
 theme we can't install. It should solve the issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54970#comment:3>