[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54954: --wp--preset-- variables defaults not being updated by add_theme_support() 'editor-font-sizes' or 'editor-color-palette'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 27 17:25:44 UTC 2022

#54954: --wp--preset-- variables defaults not being updated by add_theme_support()
'editor-font-sizes' or 'editor-color-palette'
 Reporter:  tommusrhodus  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by billerickson):

 Here's a related ticket I posted on the Gutenberg GitHub repo:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/38252

 In WordPress 5.9, only font sizes & colors defined in theme.json will take
 precedence over WordPress' core global styles with the same name. This is
 an issue.

 At a minimum, in themes that do not have a theme.json file, the font sizes
 defined in `add_theme_support( 'editor-font-sizes' )` should take
 precedence over the WordPress core global styles with the same name.

 A better approach would be to limit the new style updates (and aggressive
 use of !important) to themes that use theme.json, in the same way that we
 limit other breaking changes in Gutenberg to themes with a theme.json file
 (ex: removing the .wp-block-group__inner-container from groups).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54954#comment:1>