[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54880: Docblock for wp_insert_link is inaccurate or function is missing functionality

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 22 11:56:34 UTC 2022

#54880: Docblock for wp_insert_link is inaccurate or function is missing
functionality
----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dshanske                    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch good-first-bug
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.0

Comment:

 Hi there, thanks for the ticket!

 The documentation was added in [49487] / #50853.

 Looks like the `link_updated` field is unused since [13744] / #12437, so I
 think we can remove it from the documentation. It was never updated via
 `wp_insert_link()` anyway, only via the `wp-admin/update-links.php` file
 removed in [13744].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54880#comment:1>