[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54665: Blog posts page might be confusing for users as the content and layout in the editor does not reflect on the frontend

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 18 23:56:03 UTC 2022

#54665: Blog posts page might be confusing for users as the content and layout in
the editor does not reflect on the frontend
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  lakshmananphp  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by joyously):

 > Can you link that ticket here?

 See https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49969 which refers to yet
 another ticket.

 > I wonder if there is a way to solve this issue with the Full Site
 Editor. Is there a way to make the blog *page* and the home FSE *template*
 one in the same, or otherwise provide blocks to somehow link the two?

 As I said, it seems to me that it's not a problem. The setting for what
 shows on the home page and whether there is a latest posts page is
 elsewhere. The user needs to be able to edit the page, regardless of
 whether it is set to show as Home or Latest Posts, in order to prepare it
 in advance. (But you didn't actually describe how your test setup was. If
 it was the default, the Latest Posts show on the Home page.)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54665#comment:4>