[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55262: Custom color options for selected text in the block editor for WordPress WordPress 5.9.1 are obscured

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 26 01:12:33 UTC 2022

#55262: Custom color options for selected text in the block editor for WordPress
WordPress 5.9.1 are obscured
 Reporter:  drusso1       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.9.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui            |
 I've seen this problem on two WordPress 5.9.1 sites that I maintain while
 using the Chrome browser:

 https://haikupedia.org/

 https://nc-haiku.org/

 Custom color options for selected text in the block editor for WordPress
 WordPress 5.9.1 are obscured by the right panel for Block options.

 1. Open a post.

 2. Select text.

 3. In the right panel for Block options, select Text Color > Selected Text
 Color. The default color palette displays.

 4. Click in the custom color area (gray and white squares at the top).

 5. The custom color control displays. To type a hex code for a custom
 color, I think you must click a button to the right of the default hex
 code. However, the relevant controls are hidden behind the right panel for
 Block options.  See hidden button-jpg below.