[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53450: [WP_Meta_Query] Add faster LIKE based 'STARTSWITH' and 'ENDSWITH' compare modes for value query

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 24 10:41:09 UTC 2022

#53450: [WP_Meta_Query] Add faster LIKE based 'STARTSWITH' and 'ENDSWITH' compare
modes for value query
 Reporter:  janthiel                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  actually-early                                 |

Comment (by janthiel):

 Replying to [comment:23 ironprogrammer]:
 > Nice work on the unit tests! I think they could be a little more
 consistent by using `factory()->post->create_many`, `$query`, and
 `$expected` across the eight new tests. This would help readability.

 Hey @ironprogrammer Thanks for your feedback. Updating the PR for 6.0.0 is
 not an issue at all.
 Yet I do not understand what you mean with `$query` and `$expected`.
 `create_many` is an obvious change. The other two are not.
 Can you please provide me with reference to the changes you propose for
 `$query` and `$expected`?

 Thanks :-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53450#comment:24>