[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55019: Missing the Upload Featured image and Categories option after update the WP 5.9

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 2 13:19:08 UTC 2022

#55019: Missing the Upload Featured image and Categories option after update the WP
5.9
 Reporter:  Kuuuzya                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by stevenjaycohen):

 Replying to [comment:2 Kuuuzya]:
 > @stevenjaycohen  yes, I've checked this point already. Everything is ok
 :( I have one theme and one child theme for it. So, two themes are in
 their places.

 Are you checking via the GUI or using an external program (terminal or FTP
 program for example)?

 Like I said, v5.9 was confused about whether everything was installed
 properly anymore.

 Can you try re-uploading both your parent and child themes to the themes
 folder via FTP or some other external method?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55019#comment:3>