[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56325: Twenty Twenty-Two: Some RTL stylesheets not loading when RTL language is set

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 2 16:35:16 UTC 2022

#56325: Twenty Twenty-Two: Some RTL stylesheets not loading when RTL language is
set
 Reporter:  zoonini       |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:   => close
 * component:  Bundled Theme => Editor

Old description:

> When setting an RTL language under Settings > General, some RTL
> stylesheets are not loaded, meaning that some blocks are not displayed
> correctly.
>

> == To replicate
>
> - Visit Settings > General
> - Add navigation block to the header if there isn't one already
> - Choose an RTL language
> - View site on the front end
>
> I tested with:
>
> - Languages: Hebrew and Farsi
> - WordPress 6.0.1
> - No active plugins
>

> == Result
>
> Some RTL stylesheets are not loaded; instead, the LTR stylesheets are
> loaded.
>
> Examples of stylesheets being loaded:
>

> {{{
> /wp-includes/blocks/social-links/style.min.css?ver=6.0.1
> /wp-includes/blocks/navigation/style.min.css?ver=6.0.1
> /wp-includes/blocks/cover/style.min.css?ver=6.0.1
> }}}
>

> == Expected
>
> When selecting an RTL language, **all** appropriate RTL stylesheets
> should be loaded.
>

> Examples of stylesheets that **should** be loaded:
>

> {{{
> /wp-includes/blocks/social-links/style-rtl.min.css?ver=6.0.1
> /wp-includes/blocks/navigation/style-rtl.min.css?ver=6.0.1
> /wp-includes/blocks/cover/style-rtl.min.css?ver=6.0.1
> }}}
>

> Note: These are three examples provided by the original reporter; there
> may also be other stylesheets not loading for other blocks.
>

> == Screenshots
>
> Example of how the navigation menu looks with language set to Farsi is
> attached.
>

> == Report
>
> https://wordpress.org/support/topic/rtl-problem-bug/

New description:

[...]

 Thanks for the report!

 These are editor stylesheets, and the same occurs with the TT1 Blocks
 theme, so the report belongs on GitHub.
 [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/41649 Gutenberg issue
 41649] seems similar, and I'll comment there to ask whether it's related.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56325#comment:1>